This is a statement of the privacy practices applicable to the Canadian Products Marketing operations of Husky Energy Inc. and all divisions, subsidiaries and affiliate companies (“Husky”) and describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information of our customers, website users and other individuals. For further information regarding the personal information practices of Husky generally, please see our Corporate Privacy Statement at https://www.cenovus.com/about/policies/privacy-policy.html
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual or that permits an individual to be identified, but does not, in most circumstances, include business contact information. Husky is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we interact in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and in a manner that is consistent with our privacy practices. Respecting and protecting your privacy is important to us and a priority in our continuing relationship.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent (which may be express or implied) or as required or permitted by law. By providing your personal information, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein. Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Personal information will be retained by us for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and as required or permitted by applicable laws. If our privacy practices are not acceptable to you, please do not submit any of your personal information.
We limit our collection of your personal information to the information that is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we identify to you or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Personal information collected may include, but is not limited to, your name, telephone number, mailing and e-mail addresses, Canadian residency, whether you are over the age of 18 and, if applicable, information to confirm membership or affiliation with our contest partners, such as association membership numbers. This personal information is collected and may be used for the following purposes:
- administering contests;
- verifying e-mail addresses;
- communicating with customers and myHusky Rewards program members;
- managing customer relationships;
- to provide you with ongoing services relating to your purchases of Husky products;
- administering the myHusky Rewards program;
- understanding shopping and information needs and preferences, and offering customers and myHusky Rewards program members relevant information, products, services and rewards to meet those needs and interests;
- market research;
- developing and marketing our products and services;
- to include you in preferred customer activities, such as special offers and promotions;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; and
- to cooperate with police and/or financial institutions during any investigation of credit/debit card and/or suspected criminal/fraudulent activities involving Husky or any of Husky’s service providers or representatives
If we require your personal information for any other purpose, we will identify that purpose and obtain your consent.
Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, including by requesting that your name be removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists, by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. If you refuse or withdraw consent, we may be unable to provide you with certain products, services or information, but we will not require personal information beyond what is required to provide those products, services or information.
Husky may match aggregated, statistical use information to parameters established by third parties, without releasing any personal information. We may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded locations, participating sponsors and advertisers; however, this aggregated information will not contain personal information.
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to third party websites we do not control. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the information practices of third party websites. We recommend that you review the Privacy Statements of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for the personal information practices of such third party websites.
How We Share Personal Information
Your personal information will not be shared with any third party, except in the following circumstances:
- if you give us permission to do so;
- where permitted or required by law;
- under the limited circumstances specifically described in this Privacy Statement and, if applicable, official contest rules;
- to our affiliates, provided that such affiliates and their agents, advisors and employees are restricted from using the personal information for any purpose other than described in this Privacy Statement and, if applicable, official contest rules;
- in the event of a major business transaction, including a change of ownership of all or part of Husky through an asset or share sale, or some other form of business combination, merger or joint venture; and
- to third party service providers who provide services on our behalf, including our Ethics Help Line reporting system. These service providers are required to protect the confidentiality of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy practices, and are restricted from using your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Privacy Statement, and if applicable, official contest rules.
Please note that your personal information may be used, processed and stored by our affiliates and other third party service providers in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and India. Personal information may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the laws of these jurisdictions.
Security of Personal Information
Husky endeavors to maintain reasonable physical, procedural and technical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, copying, disclosure, or modification of your personal information. As part of those precautions, we restrict access to sensitive personal information to those individuals that we determine ‘need to know’ the information in order for us to carry on our business.
The security of the personal information in our custody and control is important to us; please advise us immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of any personal information that is in our custody or control using the contact information provided below.
Husky has appointed two Privacy Officers to oversee all aspects of our privacy policies and practices. The Privacy Officers are the Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary and the Senior Vice President, Human & Corporate Resources. Where permitted or required by law, we will allow you to access, review and amend your personal information held by us.
If you would like to edit your myHusky profile or no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may log into your myHusky account on this website, or contact Customer Service via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll Free at 1-855-278-7731. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us as part of the myHusky Rewards program, you may advise us by telephone at 1-855-MYHUSKY (1-855-694-8759) or online via www.myHuskyRewards.ca.
If you would like to access, review or amend your personal information held by Husky, or if you have any questions pertaining to this Privacy Statement, you may contact our Integrity Helpline or by telephone at 1-877-760-6766. Alternatively, you may contact the Privacy Officer via email at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically to reflect changes to our personal information practices. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on the website. We strongly encourage you to review this Privacy Statement often for the latest information about our personal information practices.